Friday, 30 December 2011

The New Year wears hope

A new year is a new beginning! With a new found resolve to move forward in 2012, how can you be sure to achieve your resolutions, or goals?

And, more importantly, are you balancing all areas of your life that you want to see progress in?
 Some of us have realized that we did not manage to reach all the goals we set for ourselves at the beginning of the 2011.

We failed to execute them; setting and achieving a resolution requires determination, focus, effort, and commitment.

Changing old habits and developing new ones won't happen overnight.

 As we look forward into the New Year, it becomes increasingly important to not only focus any resolutions on your physical health, but also focus on your mental and emotional well being, your Body, Mind and Spirit.

But how many people are making New Year’s Resolutions?

Each new year I resolve I simply must try harder.” Try harder to be more organized, try harder to educate our children better, try harder to learn to care and love more those I hold close to my hear – my love, parents, brothers and sister and to my friends.

All I know to achieve this, I must be resilient to overcome all the trials, learn from the past as it guides my present which is today and above all to ensure all that I resolve to do is implemented.


He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the endEcclesiastes 3:11

Why? To forge new tracks across this year I will need more than simply sheer effort, gritty determination.
The day will be long, the way deep. Discouraged, we’ll be tempted to turn back to familiar, rutted paths.

I have to set, fixed, times to make certain tracks each day to allow for the wind to move me, for inspiration to surprise me. Sporadic creativity or intermittent commitment generally fails to forge a steady trail.



Commitment and consistency is all I need because people respond to others who are consistent in their messages. If you are constantly giving the same messages to people and acting in a consistent way, they will respond positively.

Today, more than ever, I need to have a solid idea of my options so I’m prepared for anything. I won’t let life or the economy sideswipe me or knock me around like tennis shoes in a dryer.  By lining up opportunities and having backup plans at the ready, I’ll feel more confident, less vulnerable, make smarter choices, and start to pay more attention to what really makes me happy and gets me closer to my goals.


Reactions:

2 comments: